[linux-lvm] RE: emails

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.mn.org
Mon Mar 12 22:27:13 UTC 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:53:03AM +1300, Jones, Steven wrote:
> note someone just sent me a "secure" email via this group such that i
> had to click on it to open it, I binned it immediately.
>
> I would appreciate it if all posts are plain text, I cannot fathom why
> any more is needed.

	If you mailer can't properly represent the SMIME standard,
that's your problem.  I would suggest you find another one.  It's a well
published spec, and email really does need to be more secure.
Cryptographically signing every message is an excellent way to help
accomplish this.

	If you throw away every signed message, you'll be missing about
10% of the content of this list, and some of the better and more
informative posts.  Most notably, all of AJ Lewis's messages are signed.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton