[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.x with LVM beta 6 on Sun E450?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Sun Mar 18 20:28:35 UTC 2001

> With kernel 2.4.2 "make menuconfig" doesn't work.  No problem,
> now I'm using v2.4.3-pre3 and this is running fine.

if you have a decent display (or network access) see what
"make xconfig" does for you.  it may be a curses/ncurses
version issue (was for me).  by the time you're done cursing
[so to speak] you'd be better off in X11.  if you just want
to get the thing working then:

	take your pre3 .config and move it to /usr/src (i.e., "..").
	blow off /usr/src/linux-2.4.2-pre3.
	re-extract 2.4.2 into, say, linux-2.4.2.
	cp ../config ./.config;
	make oldconfig;

this will re-use the old (assumedly working) .config from 2.4.3-pre3
w/ questions about anything new it doesn't have answers for.  you
can use this method to migrate up versions w/o having to wander
through the entire process each time.

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647