[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.4.x with LVM beta 6 on Sun E450?

Dave Wapstra dave at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 18 21:25:01 UTC 2001

On 18 March, 2001 at 14:28:35 -0600, Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com> wrote:

> > With kernel 2.4.2 "make menuconfig" doesn't work.  No problem,
> > now I'm using v2.4.3-pre3 and this is running fine.
>
> if you have a decent display (or network access) see what
> "make xconfig" does for you.  it may be a curses/ncurses
> version issue (was for me).  by the time you're done cursing
> [so to speak] you'd be better off in X11.  if you just want
> to get the thing working then:

Steve,

Thanks, but this is a non-X box. It is probably worth trying to use the
.config of -pre3 with 2.4.2 and use the beta6 plus ioctl patches to try
and get this thing to compile correctly.

I'll just give that a try...

-Dave

BTW: The problem with 2.4.2 is an awk parser error.

Using defaults found in arch/sparc64/defconfig
Preparing scripts: functions, parsingAwk died with error code 132. Giving up.
..........scripts/Menuconfig: unexpected EOF while looking for `''
scripts/Menuconfig: ./MCmenu17: line 121: syntax error
.......scripts/Menuconfig: unexpected EOF while looking for `''
scripts/Menuconfig: ./MCmenu6: line 362: syntax error

--
Dave Wapstra
dave at xs4all.nl