[linux-lvm] Converting my Root file system to LVM

Steve Wray steve.wray at the.net.nz
Tue May 22 22:56:39 UTC 2001

AHA!
you too, huh?
You'll have to add sed to the initial ramdisk.

Its in /boot/initrd<something>.gz
unzip it and mount it with
mount -o loop /boot/initrd<something> /mnt/<somewhere>

then simply
cp /bin/sed /mnt/<somewhere>/bin/

then unmount it, re-gzip it and away you go!

And what *I'd* like to know is why isn't sed on the
initrd in the first plade if the scripts need it??