[linux-lvm] only found 0 of 5120 LEs for LV

Nay, Shawn snay at acsalaska.com
Fri Nov 30 16:28:01 UTC 2001

Well the pvdata -E output for my drives was empty, no LV's listed.

This is kind of disappointing.  I have been using LVM under AIX for some
time and am familiar with the concepts and it's not that complicated.  I
have been able to import, export, and manipulate disks as I please under the
linux.  Once I rebuild my OS though, using the same version of LVM and its
tools, I am out of luck performing an import.  The only thing that I am not
doing that I should be is performing a proper export before the rebuild.  I
have been using vgimport -f to force the import of my VG.

I have not seen any posts in regards to this same problem which would lead
me to believe that it is something that I am doing wrong.  Am I just missing
a step that is obvious to everyone else?  Is there something that I need to
manually do in /etc concerning my disks and LVM?

Thanks for the help,
Shawn