[linux-lvm] only found 0 of 5120 LEs for LV

'Andreas Dilger' adilger at turbolabs.com
Fri Nov 30 17:56:07 UTC 2001

On Nov 30, 2001  13:29 -0900, Nay, Shawn wrote:
> Well the pvdata -E output for my drives was empty, no LV's listed.

Well, it sounds like the same bug that Lars had - LV table and part
of PE table were zero'd out.  In his case, there was a backup LV table
that we could use, and rebuilding the PE table was obvious given the
context.

Have you tried vgcfgrestore yet?  Do you get anything useful from
"pvdata -avP <dev>"  on each device?

> This is kind of disappointing.  I have been using LVM under AIX for some
> time and am familiar with the concepts and it's not that complicated.

Well, I was a long time AIX LVM user, and I agree that it was bullet-proof.
The Linux LVM code isn't there yet.  Always have backups.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger