[linux-lvm] Red Hat upgrade over existing LVM

Remco Post r.post at sara.nl
Mon Apr 8 02:54:01 UTC 2002

>   as far as I know LVM hasn't passed RedHat's testing grounds yet
>   (I've muttered complaints about this a few times to them).  on the
>   other hand, if you want a neat distro that has LVM support I'd have
>   a peek at Gentoo.

I use lvm (verion 0.9 something) that comes with mandrake linux and am very happy with it. I guess the new 8.2 distro will come with a mode up-to-date lvm, and Mandrake does support a wide range of filesystems as well...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams