[linux-lvm] Problems mounting LVM volume as root

Felix Rodriguez frodriguez at mail.wesleyan.edu
Mon Feb 25 07:43:02 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I have gotten LVM to work on my linux 2.4.17 kernel system. I am having a
problem mounting my LVM volume as root. I followed all the instructions in
the LVM howto that explains how to add an LVM root. I successfully created
a root LVM volume formated it and copied the original root to the volume. I
then ran the lvmcreate_initrd script. It created the .gz initrd file in the
/boot directory. Made all the appropriate changes to lilo.conf and ran
/sbin/lilo. My problem is when the kernel comes up insmod says it can't
fine /lib/modules/2.4.17lvm/net/unix.o module. I think it's because the
root file system isn't being mounted at that point but I am not sure. Does
anyone have any ideas. I am running the 2.4.17 kernel with LVM support and
the new LVM version 1.0.3. Are there any know problems with this
configuration? Thanks.

Felix Rodriguez
Programmer Analyst
Phone: 860-685-3984