[linux-lvm] Cluster LVM

Remco Post r.post at sara.nl
Thu Feb 28 04:24:02 UTC 2002

> The VG being locked is not _that_ terrible - after all - you only need
> this to change your storage configuration (I don't expet the LVM to
> actually lock access to the device).

What happens with a lvextend? I guess it's perfectly possible to extend an lv while the other node(s) in the cluster are accessing it. Or are ther any problems? Problems that arise during the fs-grow operation are up to the fs anyway, right?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams