[linux-lvm] Cluster LVM

Prashant Kharche pdkharche at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 04:59:02 UTC 2002

we have studied the DLM of IBM and basically we are
impleneting a similar concept.we have a lock manger
daemon at the administartor and a client daemon at the
nodes.The main aim is to maintain the consistency of
the metadata.When tools are run they run with a lock
and and at that time the filesystem cannot access the
volume groups.
also at the release of lock vgscan at all nodes leads
to the updation of the metadata.

Prashant