[linux-lvm] VG dissappeared without a trace?

IpSo ipso at snappymail.ca
Sun Jan 6 17:29:02 UTC 2002

[root at ipso uuid_fixer]# ./uuid_fixer /dev/hda6 /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc - pv_read(): PV identifier invalid

[root at ipso uuid_fixer]# ./uuid_fixer /dev/hda6 /dev/hdc1
Error: number of PVs passed in does not match number of PVs in /dev/hdc1's VG
       2 PVs were passed in and 3 were expected.

It seems whichever combination I use, it either wants 2 or 3 PVs.

Quoting Andreas Dilger <adilger at turbolabs.com>:

> On Jan 06, 2002  11:06 -0800, IpSo wrote:
> > A follow up to this, I downloaded uuid_fixer to see if it would help,
> here's
> > what I tried:
> >
> > [root at ipso uuid_fixer]# ./uuid_fixer /dev/hda6
> > Error: number of PVs passed in does not match number of PVs in /dev/hda6's
> VG
> >        1 PVs were passed in and 2 were expected.
> >

> > [root at ipso uuid_fixer]# ./uuid_fixer /dev/hda6 /dev/hdb6
> > Error: number of PVs passed in does not match number of PVs in /dev/hdb6's
> VG
> >        2 PVs were passed in and 3 were expected.
> >
> > Hrmm, so it must be looking for the partition I deleted on /dev/hdc. :( I
> > re-created the partition just to see:
> >
> > [root at ipso uuid_fixer]# ./uuid_fixer /dev/hda6 /dev/hdb6 /dev/hdc1
> > Error: number of PVs passed in does not match number of PVs in /dev/hda6's
> VG
> >        3 PVs were passed in and 2 were expected.
>
> Try hda6 and hdc, since this is what you had in the VG before you shut
> down.
>
> Cheers, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Dilger