[linux-lvm] lilo or grub patches

Wade Curry wcurry at cts.com
Sat Mar 2 13:02:01 UTC 2002

Hello!

I'm experimenting with lvm on a single ide drive. I plan to put the
root on a logical volume as I have before.  This time around I'd
like to try booting directly from the lv.  I've heard that there
was a patch for grub at
ftp://ftp.openlinux.com/pub/people/hch/lvm/
but that directory no longer exists.

For lilo, I have found a patch for an older version of lilo, but
nothing new.  I tried applying the patch to my newer lilo.  It
failed as expected... but I tried :)

Does anyone know of current patches/work in this area?

Thanks!

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most pick themselves up as if nothing had happened.
                              - Churchill
GPG Fingerprint: 06D0 CCBF 8F1C 4AA2 EA63  5D60 B605 0A0A FA02 6A9D