[linux-lvm] LVM System

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Mar 4 16:27:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:07:03PM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> When I went to 3ware for 7800 driver for SuSE I didn't find one for that
> particular release.  I found one for SuSE 7.0 and wonder if I could use that
> one for my SuSE 7.3 system.

> I think I found an reply to an old message from me that states it would work
> just fine.   How do you like the 7410?

> What RAID configuration are you running?

It's the 3w-xxxx kernel module.  It seems to be standard in the 2.4.x series
kernels, I didn't have to do any compiling to get it to work.  I don't know
what kernel the SuSE distros use though.

The 7410 works nicely.  I only planned to do RAID1, so I didn't go for the
extra cache 7450.  The only thing I don't like about it so far is the RAID
manager tool that you get from 3ware has a really terribly installation script
(let's figure out which distro I'm running on based on the kernel version I'm
running... yeah! <G>)  So I haven't installed it yet.  It's also looking like
they only have a GUI tool, which means it'll be difficult getting a monitor
setup to watch for failed disks. :(

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I hear you collect plants.  So does my wife."      - Napoleon