[linux-lvm] LVM System

Anthony W. Marino anthony at AWMObjects.com
Mon Mar 4 16:39:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 04 March 2002 05:27 pm, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:07:03PM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> > When I went to 3ware for 7800 driver for SuSE I didn't find one for that
> > particular release.  I found one for SuSE 7.0 and wonder if I could use
> > that one for my SuSE 7.3 system.
> >
> > I think I found an reply to an old message from me that states it would
> > work just fine.   How do you like the 7410?
> >
> > What RAID configuration are you running?
>
> It's the 3w-xxxx kernel module.  It seems to be standard in the 2.4.x
> series kernels, I didn't have to do any compiling to get it to work.  I
> don't know what kernel the SuSE distros use though.

I don't understand.  Are you saying the all the software I need is contained
within my kernel or do I still need to get a driver from 3Ware?
I'm running SuSE Mantel 2.4.18 which the changes text states it has
2.4.19-pre1 as well as XFS.