[linux-lvm] Error extending an lv

Matthew Johnson mjj29 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 14 14:59:01 UTC 2002

Hi, I've just had to resize one of the lv's on my lvm system (debian
woody), so I ran lvextend -L +5G /dev/lvm1/music, then ran
resize_reiserfs /dev/lvm1/music - and continued copying stuff on. This
was done with the vg active, but I had to unmount the partition to
resize the reiserfs (my mount is screwed up - I'm going to reinstall the
system anyway in a couple of weeks, I'm just booting it in single user
mode atm to put some data somewhere temporarily).

Anyway, when I next booted and ran vgchange -ay, I get the message
"physical volume /dev/hde8 inconsistant", and the partition won't mount.

Any ideas?

(that pv might only now have data on it, but it created fine with the
pvcreate command earlier)

Matt.