[linux-lvm] Is there a LVM(2?) patch for 2.5.x yet?

José Luis Domingo López linux-lvm at 24x7linux.com
Mon Sep 30 17:21:00 UTC 2002

On Monday, 30 September 2002, at 12:05:13 -0500,
Austin Gonyou wrote:

> I really need to test 2.5.x and I can't ATM because of LVM patch
> problems. Can someone tell me what's going on with LVM and 2.5?

In the course of a long thread on linux-kernel mailing list (thread
called "Re: v2.6 vs. v3.0") someone said that lack of a working LVM in
2.5.x was keeping away a lot of potential kernel testers.

Someone said there have been seen patches to update LVM1 in 2.5.x to a
working state, but the consensus seem to be that 2.5.x will include LVM2
instead. Someone on the list offered to check for the availability of
current LVM2 patches against 2.5.x and begin the "transition". This
person is also subscribed to this list, IIRC.

So in the following days someone should say something specific in that
respect (at least, many people hope so, Halloween feature freeze is
jsuta a month away :)

Hope this helps.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (Linux 2.4.19-pre6aa1)