[linux-lvm] LVM1 Snapshot

Aman Shahi shahi_aman at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 10:47:01 UTC 2003

does that mean that I will have to dedicate that
physical device for the Snapshot. I mean if I had
4 device /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd and
previously if I was striping my original LV over
all the 4 devices, in the current context I stripe
the original LV over 3 devices and create the
Snapshot LV over the 4th (dev/sdd) ?

-------------------------
On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 07:35:16AM -0800, Aman Shahi
wrote:

> Using LVM1, how do I create a snapshot LV on a
> different physical device than the original LV

Just add the PV name to the end of the command-line.

eg. if your original LV (/dev/vg/original) is on
/dev/sdc1 and you want the
snapshot on /dev/sdj1 do:

lvcreate -L<size> -s -n snapshot /dev/vg/original
/dev/sdj1

--

patrick