[linux-lvm] /etc/fstab and noauto

Alexy Khrabrov alexy.khrabrov at setup.org
Wed Apr 2 15:10:02 UTC 2003

Greetings -- I successfully build a system where several
LVM volume groups correspond to external SCSI enclosures.
I often turn on the machine with those enclosures off,
but in order for that to happen, I have to comment out
their respective lines from /etc/fstab:

#/dev/black/black	/black		reiserfs	noauto,defaults 1 2
#/dev/slick/data	/slick		reiserfs	noauto,defaults 1 2
#/dev/quattro/span	/span		reiserfs	noauto,defaults 1 2

If I leave them in active, and don't turn on the enclosures,
the system stops for repair.  Does vgscan lok into /etc/fstab, and tries
to spin those drives for those groups even _regardless_ of noauto?
--
Cheers,
Alexy Khrabrov :: www.setup.org :: Age Quod Agis