[linux-lvm] Help configuring LVM

Jon Lacey Jon.Lacey at exprogroup.com
Wed Feb 5 12:05:01 UTC 2003

Hi, I have looked at the HOWTO's and FAQ's and cannot seem to solve my
problem, maybe it's me.

I do not seem, while installing Slackware 8, to be able to build LVM into
the install, so I was hoping to be able to do a minimal install and then add
a logical volume and move me data.

I have installed Slackware (a very basic setup) as:

/dev/hda1 100 MB mounted as /boot

/dev/hda2 200 MB as Swap

/dev/hda3 800MB mounted as /

I have three more drives, all 1 GIG drives. /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdc1 /dev/hdd1

What I would like to do is to amalgamate them all into one large volume,
include /dev/hda3 as part of the volume and have it all mounted as /

So I hope to end up with a volume group, say vg1, consisting of a single
volume, say vol1, copy data over from /dev/hda3 and then mount vol1 as /

Is there anywhere I can go to see an example of doing this/ or can someone
help.

Thanks

Jon L.

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email