[linux-lvm] trouble adding a disk to exisiting lvm

Jesse Molina jesse at opendreams.net
Wed Jul 9 19:11:01 UTC 2003

It would be very helpful if you were to include useful information such
as the output that fsck spewed at you, some general data about your LVs
and this troublesome drive, or even a log of the entire event that you
tried if you have it.

Otherwise, you can scan your palm and we can try to read that for you.  =)

I like to run something like badblocks, Bonnie++, and smartmontools,
before I trust a new drive.  Write a little script, let it run, and see
if it fouls up over a 24-48 hour period.  Then you can blame it on
software later if something goes wrong.