[linux-lvm] Snapshots problem

Dale J. Stephenson dalestephenson at mac.com
Fri Jun 20 09:30:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 05:46  AM, beboy wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a strange issue of the snapshots on my Linux machine. Currently
> my Linux version is 2.4.18-snap.clipper. I have two snapshots are
> shown as ORPHAN which cannot be deleted (another thing is their date
> are shown as 'bogus' in snaptab). This causes the issue that all the
> snapshots following them cannot be deleted also. Is there any forced
> method can achieve my goal? Which command should I use and what kind
> of document can be found on some web sites?
>
> Thanks,
> -Kevin

 From the Linux version and the mention of the snaptab, you must be
using something from SnapAppliance.  Have you tried talking to customer
support?  Snap uses my chained snapshot patch, which isn't part of the
LVM1 cvs tree -- that's why the following snapshots can't be deleted,
there's a snapshot depending on them.  For documentation, I'd also
check SnapAppliance.

I can tell you that if you reboot the snapshots will almost certainly
be deletable.  You should still talk to customer support, as they'll
probably want your logs to find out what went wrong.

Dale J. Stephenson
dalestephenson at mac.com