[linux-lvm] Instability with 2.6, recovering (meta)data?

Toad toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 10 11:47:01 UTC 2003

With agk's help, I eventually found that this worked:
vgcfgrestore vg-big -M1 -f /etc/lvm/archive/vg-big_00003.vg

However, the LV that I deleted that originally caused the problem,
/dev/vg-big/slowtemp (~ 10GB), doesn't exist, and yet it's space usage
appears to still be used:
root at amphibian:~# vgdisplay
VG Size               212.81 GB
PE Size               32.00 MB
Total PE              6810
Alloc PE / Size       6704 / 209.50 GB
Free  PE / Size       106 / 3.31 GB

As I was originally trying to free up enough space to vgmove off one of
the disks, in order to replace it and then vgmove off another of the
disks (IDE madness...), this is still a problem.

Matthew J Toseland - toad at amphibian.dyndns.org