[linux-lvm] Performance problem.

Henric Andersson ha at thedudes.nu
Tue Nov 18 08:14:01 UTC 2003

neuron wrote:
> >   I am afraid I do not have much else to suggest other than trying the
> >   new  2.6.0-test9  kernel  with device mapper. I am running it and so
> >   far it is very stable (and quick).
> >

> yeah, I run that on my desktop box, and I'm very happy with it.  I was
gonna try it earlier, but didn't really have time.
> Henric Andersson, if you have the same problems and have the time, let me
know the results if you test.

Was able to borrow a disk from work, so I'm going to make a duplicate of my
system disk and setup a new LVM on two other disks. Then I'm going to
upgrade it to 2.6.0-test9 with devicemapper.

This way, I can learn from my mistakes without loosing my current setup, it
should also give a better idea of how my new setup will perform once I do it
on the real system. Going to do some benchmarking before and after I update
to see what kind of performance difference to expect (if any).

Any tips, ideas or experience anyone want to share before I jump into the
upgrade frenzymode later this evening?

/Henric