[linux-lvm] Performance problem.

neuron neuron at hollowtube.mine.nu
Tue Nov 18 08:44:02 UTC 2003

great, dunno about testing.  Copying large amounts of data atleast.  Also fragmentation is an issue to keep in mind, so duplicate the disk, don't cp the data over.

If you don't get any performance increase, and got the time, you could also create a lvm2 setup, not using compatibility, and check if that's a considerable performance increase.  Though it would be quite a lot of work for me to move the data to lvm2, I would if I knew it would fix my problems.