[linux-lvm] LVM2 on 2.4.22. (Fedora core 1 with nptl)

hYdRo hydro at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 20:08:02 UTC 2003

tugg <tugg at dial.pipex.com> writes:

> Trying to install LVM2 on 2.4.22. (Fedora core 1 with nptl)

Please post notes back to here if you managed to work out the patches that
are needed.  I'd like to stick with the fedora kernel instead of grabbing a
clean 2.4.22 as I need some of the other patching that Fedora have done.

>device/dev-io.c: In function `dev_get_size':
>device/dev-io.c:215: error: `BLKGETSIZE64' undeclared (first use in this
function)

The BLKGETSIZE64 error is due to it not being in the "userspace"
<linux/fs.h> for Fedora (glibc-kernel-headers package).
Just add the #define line from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/fs.h (or compile
against that fs.h as other parts of LVM2 seem to want to compile against
kernel private headers from the warnings thrown during compile).