[linux-lvm] Can't install LVM 1.0.7 on Redhat Advanced Server 2.1 Please help.

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Wed Sep 10 08:15:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:48:40AM -0700, Gene wrote:
>I run the ./configure --with-kernel_dir=/boot
>command, as I could not find a /usr/src/linux
>directory.. (There are no directories under /usr/src)
install the kernel-source rpm

>Does anyone know where the kernel_dir for RH AS is? I
>would think it's in the /boot folder.
/usr/src/linux, if you install the rpm.
but you will soon discover that lvm 1.0.7 patches won't apply cleanly
to the redhat patched kernel, and running a RHAS with a vanilla kernel
is kinda silly.
so, either you are prepared to fix the build by hand, or you wait for
RHAS 3.0

regards,
L.
no, i don't have a RHAS handy anymore, so cannot give you a proper
patch, besides i am not at all interested in lvm 1 since lvm 2
rocks.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\