[linux-lvm] Re: Can't mount after crash

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 20:48:52 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:19:42AM +0100, Daniel Roth wrote:
> My lvm-system crashed a day ago and I was really lost in how to do.

You don't say how you actually first discovered something had gone wrong,
or give any clues about what might have led up to the problem causing it.

Your message doesn't show any LVM problems.

Did something scribble over your disks?
Have you tried mounting with alternative superblocks?

> I found the metadatafile and could with
> pvcreate --uuid ... --restorefile ... .... /hdg5,

You should only use those if you've lost a disk or accidentally overwritten
the start of one and vgcfgrestore isn't working.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com