[linux-lvm] Help : vg not accessible

dld.pascal.garcia at wanadoo.fr dld.pascal.garcia at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 6 18:44:00 UTC 2004

Hello,
I introduce myself because that is the first time I use this mailing list.
43, french, engenieer. I am using Linux since 3 years now.

My problem is the following :
If use lvm on my laptop for ages.

By lack of space I decided to add a pv to the vg, and extend the lv /.

It worked, but obviously the tool I used (diskdrake) did not write the partition table, and
may be did other things stranges, so that after rebbot nothing works any longer (fatal).

I made some tests and changes but probably made the situation even worse, by losing
the MSB, so I cant even start booting.

You probably understand that my / partition is on the vg, so that I do not have acces to
the previous /etc/lvmcon/* and others files.

could somebody give me the informatoipn where I can find the data structure I could
eventually modify, so that, mounting this disk in an other system where linuw is installed
the vg could be scaned?

If not could somebody help me on this analisys and modification ? I know it will be hard,
but my data is important.

thank you

Pascal Garcia