[linux-lvm] Help : vg not accessible

Tom Hollins tom at tomhollins.com
Sat Mar 6 23:42:21 UTC 2004

Did you boot to a rescue CD or floppy with the LVM tools?

if so read on. If not stop and be able to boot to one then read below.

I believe what will be requested by the people in the know (Heinz and Joe) is what were the LVM commands that you used to do this? Example pvcreate on the drive then vgextend (or whatever).

After you did this did you back up the VGDA that was created? This means back it up to a floppy or CD or some other storage device or medium (USB drive)?

Heinz normally asks you to post a pvdata or pvdisplay which shows everyone how the system currently "sees" the drive.

-T-