[linux-lvm] 2.6 upgrade - LVM version ? & root partition access problems...

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Mon May 3 13:50:24 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 12:08:28AM +0200, Peter Valdemar M??rch wrote:
> AJ Lewis alewis-at-redhat.com |Lists| wrote:
> >Someone made a new initrd creation script and posted it here:
> >http://www.poochiereds.net/svn/lvm2/
> >I can't guarentee it'll work, but i've heard good things about it.  Use
> >it
> >against the 2.6.5 kernel you compiled.
>
> Well, I did finally did get it to work. Quite a strenuous road, though.
> For others that may google later, here are some of the things I ran
> into, and their solutions:

Bah - I guess I should have pointed you at the fedora mkinitrd - it might
have saved you the hassle.  :(
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/mkinitrd-3.5.21-1.i386.rpm
is the current version AFAIK.  I think this will work better with RH9
systems than the other one (which was originally built around debian)

> I've created a new version (incl. svn diff) of the script here:
> http://wwww.morch.com/postings/lvm2/

K - so if the fedora mkinitrd doesn't work for people using RH9, they can
try that one. :)  Thanks!

--
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis at redhat.com
720 Washington Ave. SE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Current GPG fingerprint = FE77 4B43 6A9B F982 A731  02FA 2BF5 7574 294A AA5A
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...