[linux-lvm] Software RAID 5 Resizing and LVM

David Greaves david at dgreaves.com
Thu Nov 18 17:23:18 UTC 2004

For those googling this thread, can I also suggest looking at EVMS.

I'm in the same situation and it appears that EVMS now have an md raid 5
grow facility that manages this up through an 'lvresize' operation and
into a xfs_growfs.

I have a 5x250Gb raid5 with lvm2 - I want to grow to 6x250Gb.

Seems neat and doesn't have the 'may eat your babies' threats of raidreconf.

I've not tried it yet so YMMV.

David
PS I'm LVM2 too