[linux-lvm] Software RAID 5 Resizing and LVM

Scott Serr serrs at theserrs.net
Thu Nov 18 17:53:48 UTC 2004

I have lvm2 on RAID5.  With scratch disks you can do pvmoves to move
extents off the RAID stripe onto a scratch disk.  Then redo the raid
stripe wider (more disks).  Then move the extents back.  If you're
(clever) adding a disk and it's partitioned up a little you can use some
of the partitions as "scratch" while bringing other partitions into the
raid.

Does EVMS have something more elegant?  That would be nice.

-Scott