[linux-lvm] LVM2 configure options for CLVM with GFS

Ed L Cashin ecashin at coraid.com
Wed Sep 1 21:10:14 UTC 2004

Hi.  The example at ...

  http://gfs.wikidev.net/Installation

... shows this command line for LVM2 configuration:

  ./configure --with-clvmd --with-cluster=shared \
     --with-kernel-source=/path/to/patched/kernel

I see there are more options that look to me like they should be set
to "shared" for using CLVMD with GFS:

  --with-pool=TYPE        GFS pool read-only support: internal/shared/none
                          TYPE=internal
  --with-cluster=TYPE     Cluster LVM locking support: internal/shared/none
                          TYPE=internal
  --with-snapshots=TYPE   Snapshot support: internal/shared/none
                          TYPE=internal
  --with-mirrors=TYPE     Mirror support: internal/shared/none
                          TYPE=internal

If I'm already running the patched kernel that I plan to use, should I
configure LVM2 like this?

  ./configure --with-clvmd --with-cluster=shared \
    --with-pool=shared \
    --with-snapshots=shared \
    --with-mirrors=shared

--