[linux-lvm] Re: LVM2 configure options for CLVM with GFS

Ed L Cashin ecashin at coraid.com
Thu Sep 2 13:27:58 UTC 2004

Ed L Cashin <ecashin at coraid.com> writes:

>   --with-pool=TYPE        GFS pool read-only support: internal/shared/none
>                           TYPE=internal
>   --with-cluster=TYPE     Cluster LVM locking support: internal/shared/none
>                           TYPE=internal
>   --with-snapshots=TYPE   Snapshot support: internal/shared/none
>                           TYPE=internal
>   --with-mirrors=TYPE     Mirror support: internal/shared/none
>                           TYPE=internal

Alasdair pointed out to me in the IRC channel that these options do
not configure LVM's ability to share state with other nodes in the
cluster.  Rather, they simply choose how to link in the components of
the LVM binaries -- shared or static.

So it doesn't matter, and the example in GFS' usage.txt should work
fine.

--
  Ed L Cashin <ecashin at coraid.com>