[linux-lvm] lvm liveCD help needed

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Feb 24 14:43:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 10:39 +0100, Fred Donck wrote:

> forgot to mentions few things:
>
> o) make sure you have latest available version of lvm2 from gentoo using
>    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge lvm2

Thanks for the pointer to the how-to Fred. I am trying the above command
once booted into the live cd but it is telling me that it can't find
'emerge'.

Is there something that I need to do to enable emerge capability on the
live cd before being able to use it?

#ls -l /usr/bin/emerge
/usr/bin/emerge -> ../lib/portage/bin/emerge

but when I list /usr/lib/portage there is nothing there!

Sorry I am a bit of a gentoob ... any ideas how to get emerge working on
the live cd?

pantz