[linux-lvm] lvm liveCD help needed

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Feb 24 16:35:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 09:43 -0500, Paul Pianta wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 10:39 +0100, Fred Donck wrote:
>
> > forgot to mentions few things:
> >
> > o) make sure you have latest available version of lvm2 from gentoo using
> >    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge lvm2
>
> Thanks for the pointer to the how-to Fred. I am trying the above command
> once booted into the live cd but it is telling me that it can't find
> 'emerge'.
>
> Is there something that I need to do to enable emerge capability on the
> live cd before being able to use it?
>
> #ls -l /usr/bin/emerge
> /usr/bin/emerge -> ../lib/portage/bin/emerge
>
> but when I list /usr/lib/portage there is nothing there!
>
> Sorry I am a bit of a gentoob ... any ideas how to get emerge working on
> the live cd?

Don't worry about it - I used the version of lvm that comes on the
2004.3 livecd and all went well - only to discover that FC1 doesn't
support lvm2 so when I booted back into FC1 it didn't recognise my lvm
partitions and so didn't boot any further ...

Not to worry - I just learnt lots about software raid and lvm2 from the
gentoo how-to!

thanks again

pantz