[linux-lvm] raidtools/mdadm stability

Don Shesnicky don.shesnicky at liquidcomputing.com
Thu Feb 2 16:15:52 UTC 2006

Couple of quick questions on raidtools/mdadm if anyone cares to comment:

1. In the raid faq it states "However, if you find raidtools cumbersome
or limited, mdadm (multiple devices admin) is an extremely useful tool
for running RAID systems. It can be used as a replacement for the
raidtools, or as a supplement." I want to mirror the root drives of a
RHEL4 ES U2 system, what's the prefered method for stability -
raidtools,
mdadm or mdadm with raidtools.

2. I take it from a previous posting I can mirror my two root drives,
installed the MBRs and be good to go to boot off either drive, that
the mirror is not at the bit level and does not include the MBR?

3. Is RHEL4 ES Update2 generally stable or is there something that
could burn us here?

Don