AW: AW: [linux-lvm] SAN setup with host mirrored disks

Fiederling, Daniel daniel.fiederling at warema.de
Mon Jul 17 13:54:07 UTC 2006

Currently I have only one path to each disk but further on I'd like to test a setup with multiple paths. But am I right that I have to use md on top of multipathd for getting the two disks mirrored?
I tested different qla2xxx drivers (SuSE shipped, origanal download packages from qlogic, packages from hp) and the non suse offered much more module parameters - one of them was about en-/disabling failover. I would guess that the qla2xxx driver or the card firmware can handle multiple paths. But I'm not sure about that...