[linux-lvm] Boot Mgr support for '/boot' on LVM2 volumes ?

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Tue Mar 7 19:06:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 05:46:45PM +0100, John Smith wrote:
>still considered 'unsupported', or at least considered to be "not a
Christophe Saout made some patches to lilo to be able to boot from a
lvm2 /boot (http://www.saout.de/misc/), this patch has been adopted into
major distributions.
>very good idea". If I recall correctly, this had something to do with
>the fact that "/boot" had to be located on a linear, contiguous volume
>for bootloaders like lilo and grub to be able to read it.  And that
this is correct, the lv for /boot is to be linear and contiguus, it is
user responsability to ensure this.

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.