[linux-lvm] No label detected

Richard Mollel unixtipz at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 23:42:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

Mandriva 2006.0
Kernel 2.6.12-24
lvm2-2.01.09-1mdk

LVM installed on whole devices, /dev/sdb, sdc and sdd.
It has worked for over 2 years. Not sure if something
in Mandriva regular update changed anything
related....but now, upon reboot, the whole devices are
seen as PV's. I have to run losetup (set them up as
loop devices basically) then vgscan,pvscan,lvmdiskscan
can see them, and i can mount my VG. What actually
controls pvscan/vgscan commands?

/dev/sdb1: No label detected
/dev/sdc1: No label detected
/dev/sdd1: No label detected