[linux-lvm] RAID5 expansion

Andrew Park apark at cdf.toronto.edu
Tue Nov 28 20:59:40 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have ServeRAID 6m card which had 5 drive set. I had that expanded to 8
drive set and now that it had finished migration I wish to make OS make
use of the expanded storage.  Now the question... how?

I am using LVM2 so I thought simply running pvresize /dev/sda would do
the trick but it is doing absolutely nothing.  It stil reports back the
old RAID size.  I am running RHAS4 + update3.

So I thought perhaps fdisk may help but I don't want to risk losing my
data since this is now into 2 TB range.  So can you please advise as to
how to go about doing this?  I really need to make this happen soon
because there will be an immediate demand for the space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. : please cc me on the reply since I am not on the list

Andrew Park