[linux-lvm] LV open but not mounted ?

Erik de Bruijn - BudgetDedicated.com Erik at BudgetDedicated.com
Wed Oct 11 10:27:13 UTC 2006

Hello Paddy,

Only making a wild guess here, but perhaps you had it mounted with
"mount -o loop vg-foo/lv-bar /mnt"? This command will create a loopback
device which will then be mounted. The 'dirty part' is that 'umount'
will NOT reverse this process. It will unmount but not remove the
automatically created loopback device. This stays attached to the LV
which remains opened.

--
Kind regards,

Erik de Bruijn