[linux-lvm] snapshots can't be deactivated

Joachim Banzhaf joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de
Wed Jul 18 11:37:58 UTC 2007

Hi Falko,

Am Dienstag, 17. Juli 2007 16:33 schrieb Falko Zurell:

> I don't know why this happens. The script will work perfectly 3 out of 5
> times. But sometimes it comes up with the error above.

Maybe some hotplug script trying to find out what kind of new device that is?

> Are my steps right in principle? Did I forget to do something before or
> after removing?

I am by no means an expert on lvm, so dont take this too seriously: shouldn't
there be an lvchange -an yourlv before lvremove? Maybe this active status is
still hanging around somewhere although you can force the remove?

HTH

Joachim Banzhaf