[linux-lvm] SolvedLRE: CLVMD and Locking type 3 initialisation failed

James Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Tue Jun 5 19:55:07 UTC 2007

For Debian lvm2 you have to set the locking_type=2.  It's in the lvm2 source
debian/clvm.README.Debian

However, now that I have ccsd, cman and clvmd happily running (I discovered
I had clvmd running ok when I could run LVM commands).  On both computers in
my cluster, I'm still not seeing the volume group of the other cluster
member.  And the status of my Clustser seems fine.

Is there anything I'm missing or doing wrong?  I'm not running a SAN or
iSCSI.  The PVs for each server are partitions I've created from the HW
Raid.

The only anomaly I'm seeing is in /var/log/messages.  I am getting a kernel
cluster error for one of my nodes:
CMAN: WARNING no listener for port 11 on node seldon.  I don't know what the
error even means, since I thought traffic when over port 6809.

Anyway here's some info:
Server1	Server2
Hari		Seldon

LVM info:
PVs:
/dev/sda5	/devsda5
/dev/sda6	/devsda6
/dev/sda7	/devsda7
Volume Group Info:
hari-vg01	seldon-vg01

I guess I don't really understand how clvm work.

--Jim