[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 02:29:17 UTC 2008

In rescue, I tried running:
===============================
 lvm vgchange -P -ay
  Partial mode. Incomplete volume groups will be activated read-only.
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
  Device /dev/ioerror not found.
  device-mapper reload ioctl failed: invalid argument
  device-mapper reload ioctl failed: invalid argument
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'blahblah'
2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active.

lvm vgdisplay -v VolGroup00
Segmentation fault

In fact every 'lvm' command you try to run after that now gives a
Segmentation fault.

What I want to do is to try:
lvm vgreduce VolGroup00 --removemissing

which I think might make the volume consistent again but I cannot even
run the command without segfault.
Any ideas on how to get rid of the segfaulting?

Gerry