[LINUX-LVM] shrinking a volume inside an LVM

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Fri Jan 4 19:07:42 UTC 2008

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I must be terrible at searching because I cannot find the answer. I have, like many, followed defaults and ended up wiht a boot partion and a lvm. Inside the lvm is a / and a swap. I'd like to shrink the / so that I can do another install of a different distro without upsetting my current one. I don't have another computer, or equal setup to run my test on and cannot take this one down yet either. If it's impossible let me know, but either way thanks for the help.

Levi