[linux-lvm] Page cache corruption when creating a snapshot

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 23:57:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 20:14 +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> I notice this is ubuntu: Can you eliminate the distribution, by
> reproducing on a different distribution, or using a current upstream
> development kernel like 2.6.25-rc3?

Apologies for the delay.  I was unable to reproduce this bug in many
trials on 2.6.25-rc3, so it may have been either introduced by Ubuntu in
gutsy or (more likely) fixed in the mainline kernel source since 2.6.22.

Anders Kaseorg has also seen this problem on Gutsy but was unable to
reproduce it on Hardy, which lends credence to the second theory.

> What is /tmp ?

A regular old directory on the root fileystem, which is ext3fs on a
different LVM volume group on a different disk from the volume group
containing the LV's I'm snapshotting.