[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Thu May 1 20:44:36 UTC 2008

On 5/1/2008 4:36 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
>  Without knowing the exact cause of the hang there is no way to know if
> the ramdisk was at issue.  I doubt it myself, I ran a whole series of
> backups last night using the ramdisk snapshot and everything went fine.

Actually, I'm not talking about the hang as much as I am the problem you
had recovering from it...

My questions is, had the snapshot volume been on a regular hard drive,
would you have had the same problems recovering from the situation.

--

Best regards,

Charles