[linux-lvm] device /dev/sdb1 not found or ignored by filtering

xdub xdub at laposte.net
Thu May 8 08:56:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

No sure what you want to do with your 2 raid1 arrays... and
why you want to incorporate the first one into LV (?).

Did you partition your second array ? if not, you can create a PV
like this: pvcreate /dev/sdb. "pvcreate" can initialize a disk or partition.

    - pvcreate /dev/sdb
    - vgcreate vg00 /dev/sdb

Again, no sure what you want to do, but with 4 HD you should consider
to build raid5 (hardware raid) and then create PV, VG, LV.

Regards