[linux-lvm] Removing PVs from Volume Groups which have allocated LVs

R Ramkumar rramkumar at novell.com
Thu May 22 13:06:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a LVM setup where I have a VG with 3 PVs.. I have created 2 LVs from the VG which eventually has taken physical storage space from one or two of the PVs.. Now, when I want to shrink the VG, I need to know the unallocated PV so that I can remove from the VG..

Is there anyway that I can find out which PV is unallocated and which PV to remove from the VG.. Please let me know your views..

Thanks,
Ram